Monday, February 6, 2012

Back to Teaching

I teach the beginning knitting classes at Monterey Yarn in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and tonight there were 5 students in a beginning class. It is always so much fun to work with folks who want to learn. The age span was unusually large this evening; we started with a 5th grader and worked our way up the age scale from there to 60 something. By the end of the evening they could all do a long-tail cast on, knit back and forth, i.e. garter stitch, and bind off. Next week - purling. That will be the proof of the pudding.

I am anxiously awaiting my new Erlbacher Gearhart sock knitting machine. Everyday I tool past the front door and peek outside at my front porch, hoping that the UPS delivery person has left a box there. Nothing today, but maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment