Saturday, February 11, 2012

I've been home for almost a week now, but certainly haven't spent the week the way I thought I would.  After unpacking and laundry catch up stuff I got a call from Patricia George, who asked if I would accompany her for a short recital at the end of the month. We are performing the Bach C-Major Sonata, and a Sonata by Damase. The Bach I knew, but the Damase is entirely new. So, what have I been doing? Practicing, practicing, practicing . . . so much so that my wrists have started to hurt. Had to back off today. The piano technician is coming on Monday to tune the piano, and Pat will arrive a few hours later for our first rehearsal.

Got an email from the Erlbacher Gearhart people, who tell me they will probably ship my new Circular Sock Knitting Machine sometime this next week. Needless to say, I am excited beyond words. I know there's a learning curve, so I am anxious to get started. If I have it figured out before the surgery on my left-hand, I will be able to continue to knit, single-handed.

What's on my needles? I am working on the following:

  • Stitch Sampler Shawl
  • Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf
  • a filmy lace shawl
  • Hannah Falkenberg sweater
  • watch cap for guild charitable giving
I know I won't finish any of this before the surgery, but

No comments:

Post a Comment