Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Computers & Consternation

Today was an upgrade day. With new Ram chips installed in my 2008 iMac, and previous upgrade to Snow Leopard, I was finally able to download Lion. It is awesome, but it took over 2 hours to download, and then of course, I had to download the update to Lion. You would think they could have sent the most recent version. Upgrading a computer is a bit like renovating a room in your house. You make a change in one room, and all the other rooms get dusty or need to be rearranged.

With a new OS all of the system apps wanted to be upgraded as well, and of course I discovered that my 2004 Microsoft Office suite would not run with Lion. That meant yet another update. My Photoshop won't run with Lion either, but I can't afford to buy another version. Guess I will have to get up close and personal with iPhoto, which I haven't used much. We used Photoshop at Flute Talk when I was the Editor there, so I always used that.

On the knitting front, I did manage to work with Penelope without dropping stitches. I think I had her tension set too tight, but I fixed that and all is better.  More tomorrow. I'm going to play with my "new" computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment