Friday, March 9, 2012

Learning Is the Best!

That's what life's all about isn't it? Learning? I love to learn new stuff. That probably explains the multiple careers that I've had - musician, teacher, editor, etc. At the ripe old age of 65 I decided to get serious about Hammered Dulcimer and was surprised to learn that teaching old dogs new tricks is not quite as easy as it is when you are younger.

This is all by way of saying the week has been one of learning new things about the sock knitting machine, and it has been extremely frustrating at the same time. While struggling with new techniques (single handed I might add) I was also upgrading a computer, and every day something new stopped working, or software screamed, NO, when I tried to load it. Egad! It has been up and down.

Tomorrow is all about catch up, running errands, tax appointment, and a trip to Menards to look at new flooring for the kitchen. That will be fun, and besides, who doesn't like to shop. More later friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment