Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rhubarb Is Up!

Spring seems to have arrived. The rhubarb is up, and it was 70 degrees yesterday. What happened? We haven't had a decent winter yet. I am so terribly afraid that we are going to pay for this flirtation with nice weather, but AJ says that is just my pessimistic nature. Always looking on the negative side. I don't really agree with him. I'm just a realist, and I accept the fact that this is too early to get used to shirt-sleeve weather.

I wrote a pattern last night for a mock-rib sock to be knit on a circular sock knitting machine. It's just a basic pattern, but there is a lack of literature for new knitters on CSMs. The manuals, both old and new, don't take a simple sock in step-wise manner from cast on to toe. The pattern is being checked by some knitters who have more experience than I on CSMs, and when it is deemed correct, I will post it here.

Trying to get used to the new cast. It leaves my left hand completely inflexible, while the bandaging I had before allowed me to move the hand a bit. In a way, I am more immobile now than I was a week ago - somewhat discouraging, although I will only have it on for 3 weeks. Things could be worse. I can't begin to tell you how many things I can't do because of it, but I will stop complaining. It doesn't do any good anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Lilies! I can't wait for all my lilies to bloom. I have primroses up with their leaves extended and nascent flowers nestled just above ground level. I'm with you, I'm waiting for the last winter smackdown.

    ReplyDelete