Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spanakopita and Frogging

What a day! Did the grocery shopping this morning - the cupboards were bare - and they had spinach on sale. It was beautiful, fresh, and all I could think of was Spanakopita. When we lived in Chicago, we used to go to our favorite Greek restaurant in Greek town, and I always ordered Spanakopita. Thank goodness for the age of iPhones. I just whipped out my phone, typed in spanakopita, and recipes appeared. That told me what ingredients I needed to buy.

In the afternoon I tried to crank the mate of a sock - something that I have tried to do 3 times now. Arg!!! Each time something happens, dropped stitches mostly, and I have to rip it out and start over. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it is happening over and over again. Each time I end up with more 'tie-ons' in my ball of yarn. Pretty soon I won't be able to knit it at all. Frustrating! Maybe tomorrow!

I did add a page to this blog today - a pattern for 3 & 1 Mock rib socks to be knit on a circular sock knitting machine. I have found a lack of such patterns on the internet, so I hope this will help others looking for a hand up.


No comments:

Post a Comment