Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I've Been Bad

I just couldn't keep up with the A to Z Challenge. There is just too much going on, so I'm sorry if I have disappointed anyone. I'd rather get back to life as I know it anyway.

I have been consumed with Bay Lakes Knitting Guild business, and also, I can knit again - carefully. The hand is healing quickly. The Physical Therapist says one more week of the brace, and then some mild weight training for strengthening. Without the brace I can knit again, and I have launched into two design projects with a vengence.

The first is a shawlette (they seem to be all the rage at the moment) with some oh-so-soft Alpaca from an Alpaca farm in Two Rivers. The second project is a bag that features cables. This also requires some pretty serious architectural considerations, because I want to line the bag as well.

I've been swatching for the cabled bag. At this point all I really know is that it will be red.

6 comments:

  1. no a-z flogging from here...it's odd how hard it is to keep up with it...

    I'm a new knitter - clicking the follow button...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, it is difficult to keep up with. I like insanely hard challenges like this and am having a grand time working incredibly hard to keep up, but I certainly wouldn't imagine berating anyone else for having more of a life than I do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im struggling with it too and i got 2 blogs to do in it.
    Im glad i found you through it though, my blog is mainly about crochet , im going to follower you would love it if you could follow me back.
    http://bitsandbobszone.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that too. I've been seeing a few 'quitting now' posts recently. It's a tough challenge, and sometimes real life just doesn't co-operate.

    It's nice to meet you, knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have managed to keep up with the challenge. Three more letters to go. But since I found my love of blogging, sadly my knitting seems to get buried deeper and deeper in my knitting bag. I want to get back to it, though. Knitting has helped me through some pretty tough times.
    I'm going to join your gang. I'm hoping that you will inspire me to get back to knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I am stopping by from the A-Z. It is tough, keeping going, I wrote my posts in advance and they automatically posted, but it is meant to be fun, not something to fret about! I'm about to be a new follower, simply because I like it!

    ReplyDelete