Friday, April 27, 2012

Yarn Crawl

I'm looking forward to a yarn crawl of 5 Milwaukee area fiber shops tomorrow - an event set up by the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild here in Green Bay. It will be a long day - we leave in a caravan at 6:30 a.m. That's pretty early to be showered and ready for the day. The best news is that I am not one of the drivers, which means I can knit on the way down and back until the sun gives out.

I couldn't have said that a few days ago. I saw the physical therapist yesterday for the last time. He cleared me to function without the hand brace and basically said I can resume all normal activities. I have begun practicing hammered dulcimer and recorder again, and I am knitting up a storm.

Projects? I have a shawlette about 80-% finished. I am designing it as I go and the only questions left are how long it should be and what bind off to use. The stitch pattern is Cat's Eye, and the yarn is 100% alpaca from a local NE Wisconsin alpaca farm, LondonDairy Alpacas. http://londondairyalpacas.com/ It is incredibly soft and fun to work with.

I also have a lace sock going on the Erlbacher Gearhart, and a quilt in the hoop to quilt. Too many choices. On top of that, the sun is out and I should really work outside in the garden today. Oh well, I'd rather be knitting.

My husband and I usually go out for dinner on Friday nights. We call it Date Night, and what that means is we go out to eat and then do the weekly grocery shopping. You can tell we've been married a long time, right? In order to do the shopping, I'll need to plan menus for the week. Something more to do.\
Have a great day! I'm off to get the day started.


3 comments:

  1. I'll bet if you go on yarn crawls, you're a very good knitter. I wish I'd paid more attention and tried a little harder, when my grandmother and mother tried to teach me. Now I don't have the passion for it.
    Great choice for "Y". I'm visiting on the A to Z Challenge and am your newest follower.
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craft work sounds totally absorbing. I'd go out into the sun if I were you. It's raining and miserable here in England. Hope your yarn-hop went well.

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checking out your blog from a-z. I love it! I just learned to knit, and loving it.

    http://throughtherainbowsandstorms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete