Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cranking and Catching Up

I have been remiss about writing here but I have been cranking socks and baby hats out with a vengeance. The goal is to have 50 pairs of socks and assorted children's socks and hats ready for the Biltmore Lakes Association Arts and Crafts Festival in October. It will be my first public offering, and I am excited about it. The time span between now and then incorporates a few dates that my husband will be out of town, and while he will be missed, I will be able to get more done when he is away.

I've also started reorganizing my sewing room, so at the present it looks like it threw up. The space is in the basement, and it is larger than most craft spaces. I don't know why it has always been such a quandry for me. You would think that having the room I have it would be easier to keep it clean, but that is not the case. I have decided to divide the space into two distinct halves - a sewing half  and a knitting half.

Next week the entire family converges on the Oregon coast for a family vacation, and yesterday I started a sock on needles (Egad!) so I would have something small and transportable to knit on the plane. I hadn't knit a sock by hand in over 6 months and was shocked at what a slow process it is. I knit socks on 2 circular needles, and just the act of joining in the round and doing that first row reminded about how much I appreciate the circular sock knitting machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment