Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's All About Socks

On one of the Ravelry circular sock knitting machine groups there is a 2-week Crank-A-Thon going on, and I committed to crank. Unfortunately I will be gone for the next 3 days and then off to Door County for the weekend.

However, I have done about 8 pairs of socks, and there are several categories to enter in. So far I am the only one cranking lace socks, so perhaps I have a chance in the lace category. No one else is cranking lace socks because they take longer to complete, but I like the look of lace and have developed my own patterns. Here is a pair that I did. Most of the patterns that have been published use the lace pattern all over and staggered around the leg part of the sock, but I like to run them on the outside of the socks.

Also, I leave today for Silver Lake in Wautoma, Wisconsin for a gathering of 5 of my 7 cousins. Should be a lot of fun. It's going to be hot, I just checked, in the 90s, and I don't think the cottage has AC, but there is the water, a float and nice long pier.

I'm not taking the CSM (circular sock machine) to Wautoma, but I will take it with me to Door County over the Labor Day Weekend. I should be able to crank a few pairs of socks then. So - off I go! Have to do the shower thing and last minute packing. Being picked up mid-morning. Have a great day to all who bother to read this drivel, and have a safe Labor Day Weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. I read it! And I check every few days to see if there's more Jicha knitting content. Have a fun cousins' visit and long weekend.

    ReplyDelete