Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Teaching Season Soon

Classes begin at yarn shops around the country in September. Well ... they run all year around, but there is much more traffic during the school year. Once the kids are off to school and fall schedules have been established, students begin to sign up for knitting classes in droves. I teach, and therefore, am involved in the course development and calendar at my local knit shop. (Monterey Yarn)

It's an exciting time because it means deciding what classes we are going to offer and what knitting projects will attract students. I am in the process of knitting a scarf for display in the store. It is in Brioche stitch worked the long way with 2 gorgeous variegated yarns.

We are exploring other topics such as knitting with beads, the cabled bag I designed a few months ago, and, of course, socks. We also always offer a 4-course series of basics we call 101, 102, 103, and 104. These numbered courses run throughout the year.

All that is by way of saying I have a lot to do - syllabi to write, projects to knit, and as a result - a very dirty house. Oh well...!




1 comment:

  1. I'd tried to learn knitting several times. Knitting is very simple, fixing the mistakes, like when it slides off the needle or I miss a loop-not so much.

    ReplyDelete