Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Strange Knitting Summer

Yes, it has been a strange knitting summer. The yarn shop where I used to teach closed the end of May and suddenly my motivation went out the door with it.

I had several projects in the works, and those are the ones I have been working on. Sometime in May I started a lap robe out of leftover sock yarn. I have now used samples of all of those, and because I don't want to repeat any, am waiting to exchange LOs with other knitters.

I had knee replacement surgery early in August, and took this project to the hospital with me. Needless to say, I had to rip out everything I did there because the anesthetic and pain meds made it impossible for me to focus long enough to complete a square. Each block consists of 16sts cast on on 2 sides, central decreases on every other row, and uses about 8-10 yards of yarn.

I've also spent a good deal of time at my sewing machine. It's been years since I enjoyed quilting so
much. This is the fruit of my labors. Actually it is 1/12th of my labors. The larger frame encloses an inner quilt that represent each month of the year. This is August's quilt. This is a Block of the Month project generated through Quilting Divas in Green Bay, and they started the BOM in January. As I started it in June, I have been playing catch up all summer. So far I have done 5 months worth. Yea! More pictures for future blog posts.

Have a super day!

1 comment:

  1. Love your mitered lap blanket! I have a bag of Zoe's sock leftovers I'll bring to the September Guild meeting. You can use what you want and return the remains.

    Sounds like your recovery is going well. Love the quilt block. I have watermelon in the fridge; I think I'll have some.

    ReplyDelete