Thursday, September 19, 2013

Once a Year He Goes Fishing

That's right! Every fall the DH goes West for fly fishing with a bunch of guys who have been traveling to Idaho/Montana area for decades. He takes a week off from work plus the weekends on either end, and he drives out - does the trip in 2 days. That's a good bit of driving.

I mention it because it is a vacation for me too. No cooking, no planning around someone else's schedule - just me. I always look forward to this week, and once it arrives, I spend the entire time feeling like a ship without a rudder. I have a mental list of all the things I hope to get done while he is gone, but imagine they will not take more than a couple of days.

I cleaned the master bedroom, 2 bathrooms, and the sewing room today. It felt good to do some housework after not being able to do much for the past 6 weeks. Time to get caught up. I didn't write about the fact that I had a total knee replacement early in August, and it is only now that I have felt up to housekeeping. We have a dog, so the dog hair was ankle deep - well, not really - but it seemed so. Tomorrow I will take on 2 more rooms.

I'm not excited about any of my knitting projects at the moment. Don't know why - they are just there and need to be finished. Maybe this week...maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment