Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Sewing Bug

Yesterday I got the sewing bug. Actually, when we were in TN in June I bought some patterns for bags that you can make. There was an entire store devoted almost exclusively to purse/bag patterns. So I got those patterns out yesterday and dove into my stash. This is what I came up with.

This bag has 3 outer pockets on each side and I am using it for my leftover sock yarn lap robe project. I followed the pattern to a T, but if I make it again, I will substitute a heavy craft foundation for the quilt batting to give the bag more structure.

I also made a Couch Caddy -  you know, one of those things you put over the arm of a couch or chair to hold the TV remote, pencils, etc. This one is for my recliner and I like it a lot.

DH returns home today, and I think the house is ready, although I have no idea what to cook for dinner. Haven't had to worry about that for about 10 days. I guess my vacation is over. Time to do dinner diving into the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment