Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sturgeon Bay YMCA Folk Fair is Coming

I'm really excited. Socks by Victoria, my sock company, is doing its first ever craft show, and I'm doing it at the Sturgeon Bay YMCA Folk Fair on November 17.  It's a one-day event, so it shouldn't be too taxing. I'm taking the Erlbacher Gearhart sock knitting machine so I can crank socks all day.

I also have an old-fashioned clothes dryer, the accordian kind, from which to hang all the pairs of socks that I hope to sell.  That's a lot of equipment to move and schlepp, but I hope the results will allow me to buy more sock yarn.

A friend is going with me to sell her beautiful beaded scarves, which are to die for.  All in all, it should be a fantastic day.

I still need to crank more socks to build up my inventory. Did I mention that many of my socks are available in my Etsy shop? You can go here to see them. The beauty of these socks is they have no seams to rub on your toes or give you calluses, and they feel warm and comfy all winter. Most sock yarn these days is made of something called Superwash, which is a blend of wool and polymide. Why is this important for you to know? Because it means you can throw them in the washer and dryer, although I never put these socks in the dryer. I do run them through the washer, however, and they become even more soft.

Well, I'm off to crank a few more pairs. Hope to see you in Sturgeon Bay (Wisconsin) on the 17th of  November.

No comments:

Post a Comment