Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sales Are a Good Thing!

I sold three pair of socks yesterday from my Etsy shop. (There is a link to the shop in the upper right hand corner of this page.) What a treat. Months seem to go by without any activity and then, all of a sudden, sales happen. I'm not complaining, mind you! I love to sell socks, because it means I can buy more yarn to make more socks. It is a vicious circle, I know. I have been cranking out a pair or two a day for the past couple of weeks trying to build up inventory for the craft fair this weekend, so luckily, I had the socks the buyers wanted and now have some to replace those. After the fair I will put those that didn't sell up on Etsy as well.

Tonight is the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild meeting for November and the program is on Ravelry. Everyone is bringing their laptops so that we can explore the website and introduce those members who are unfamiliar with the site. It should be fun, and I am looking forward to it.

By the way, I heard a new tip a couple of days ago that might be helpful to those of you who sew. If your sewing area is carpeted, go to a Dollar Store and purchase a toilet brush. Yes - I said a toilet brush. Then you can use it to brush the area around your sewing machine. The brush will pick up all the little threads that conveniently fail to make it into the dust bin. I thought it was a cute idea, and I am going to the store today to get a brush.

Well, the garage door folks are coming in a few minutes to fix our door - it refuses to close, so I'll make it short today. Have a good day, and keep us in stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment