Friday, December 20, 2013

A Good Day To Stay Indoors

It's been snowing here in NE Wisconsin for about 4 hours now, and there is no hope of it stopping
anytime soon. I was going to run some errands this morning but have decided to put them off until DH gets home with his truck. My car isn't so secure on snowy roads, and the snowplow just came by, closing up the entrance to my driveway.

     Our house is  about 15 feet below the street level, which means that when you back out of the garage, you have to back uphill. The photo on the left is taken from my front porch and looks across the street towards my neighbors. Notice all the cars and vans in their driveway? They must be doing some renovations inside, because the vehicles appear every morning and leave at the end of the day. Their contractor parks on the street just across the street from my driveway. The only way for me to get out of my driveway when it snows like this is to GUN it!. I need a good running start out of the garage, and then I floor it. This is problematic if the contractor parks his car across from my driveway. Like I said, the best thing for me to do today is to stay home today.

I'm quilting. I know - I should be knitting, or reading a book, or whatever, but I'm quilting. Working on a scrappy quilt and it is so much fun to go into the stash and discover fabrics I didn't know I had. Then I cut 2 1/2" strips and start the process of creating the blocks. I don't know why I enjoy making something out of little pieces so much, but I do, and today is definitely a day for some color. Just compare the two photos on this page and a color fixation is completely understandable.

I hope you all are having a good day, wherever you are. If you have to drive on bad roads, take it easy and be safe. Talk with you some more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Good that you stayed in this morning! The roads were and still are treacherous. I love the fabrics you have pulled out. I am working on Fabric Box at the moment. have a good day and a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete