Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Two Weeks and Counting!

Somehow Christmas is upon us. It sneaks up on me every year, and this year is the worst. I always promise myself to start preparing for the following year early, but for some reason, seem unable to do so. There is snow on the ground, Christmas decorations are up, and some shopping has happened - but not all of it.

AJ and I have received our big presents all ready so Christmas morning will be anti-climactic this year. AJ's treadmill, a Vision Fitness, was delivered yesterday, and in a few minutes I will be trying it out for the first time. He told me to find the best MacBook Air for my needs, and it was delivered last Friday.

That's it! All done! Ah, but there are 5 grand children and their parents and my sister and her DH. All in all, we're not done yet.

Today is the December meeting of the Evergreen Quilt Guild - a super meeting because it is a holiday buffet. Everyone brings a dish to pass, and we play silly games. My "dish" is going to be freshly baked Sourdough Bread, which is in the oven rising as I write this.  It will be ready to bake about noon and still nice and warm when I slice it this evening. At least, that's my plan.

Everyone is supposed to bring a holiday placemat, so I made one last week. Actually, I made four of them. It was a perfect way to use up holiday fabric that had been in my stash for a long time, and it just isn't hard to sew 2 1/2" strips together and cross-hatch them. Then I saw a free project on Carol Doak's website for a cute sewing kit. I love paper piecing so I just had to make it.
Kit rolled up
Kit open with pockets














Finally, I picked up from Quilting Divas the final installment in the calendar quilt that I have been sewing. This is the January block and I think this little guy is pretty cute. I'm not finished with him yet, as you can see, but I have a good start on him.
I know this blog is called Tales of a Knitter, and I have knit a good deal in the past few weeks. The next post will be all about that.

Have a good day and try to stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment