Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February it is!

The best thing about February is that it doesn't last very long. Here today, gone tomorrow, or so it seems. I've only lived in the NE Wisconsin for about 11 years, but in that time, I don't remember a winter that was as cold as this one. Yea, I know! Stop whining! Well - it's my blog and I'll whine if I want to.

On Super Bowl Sunday I shopped the Hancock Fabrics sale and bought yardage for two new tunic tops. That was my salute to Spring, as I will need them when things finally warm up. This time, instead of winging it, I made a trial pattern out of muslin. Unfortunately, I span the distance of about 5 sizes, and in the past I have always cut with the hope that I had chosen correctly. Things never fit.

So - I measured this time. Shoulder measurement is smaller than the bust size
choice, and hip measurement is greater. (Think pear!) I nailed it and am wondering why it took me so long to do it the correct way. I now have a pattern that will work for my top half. Haven't tried the same for slacks. That might take several tries.

Because I am still having to ice my knee several times a day, I am also getting a good bit of knitting done. The hexagon scarf continues to grow, and I'm on the final row. I should have it finished for Show & Tell at the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild meeting next week.

Well - it's off to the shower and PT, then home to ice, and then to the Bellevue Retirement Community, where I knit with a group of ladies every other week. Haven't seen them since before Christmas, so I'm really looking forward to it. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Cute tops! Fabric is as much of a failing for me as yarn is. Doomed, I'm afraid I'm doomed to always have stash beyond storage capacity. See you next week. Glad you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete