Monday, February 10, 2014

Premature Posting or The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same

Unfortunately, the previous post was premature. The person with whom I was in contact led me to believe that the decision to employ a teacher was hers. That turned out not to be the case, and after much discussion and thought, I pulled my name from the running. Generally, the thought of a 5-hour roundtrip began to sink in, and I had to ask, "Do you really want to complicate your life this way?" The answer was, of course, no. I'm retired, and I cherish my flexibility and life style that allows me to quilt and knit and pretty much do as I please. Fulfilling another persons expectations is not high on my list, unless is it is my husband's, and then I'm happy to meet the challenge.

Therefore, it's back to a simpler life. I started to look at all of the projects I've got going and I really must finish some of them. I did finish the Hexagon Scarf over the weekend, and I am working on Michelle's Mitered Squares Baby Blanket. I love the way the colors change from one to the next.

My favorite cardigan is one my mother made for me more than 20 years ago. Therefore, I am on the hunt for a new pattern and the yarn to make it. If you have suggestions, I'm always open to new ideas.

Well, I have Knit Group today, and need to do a bit of sewing before I go, so I'm signing off for now. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment