Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Cleaning Update

I have finished the master suite and had to take a break for Easter and a little knitting and quilting. What's left in the cleaning saga? Living room, dining room, spa area, kitchen, and mud room. Next week. They can all happen next week.

In the mean time I have continued to work on the picture albums. It amazes me that I left some of this for so long. Remember those packets of pictures you used to get developed from film? Well I have about 20 of them from as far back as 2000. For shame, Victoria! So I am culling through them, saving the best, tossing the rest, and preserving them in picture albums. By the way, did you know they don't sell them complete with the inside pages anymore? You have to buy the ring binder and then pay extra for the inside folios. Well, not me. I went to Goodwill, and have found several of them for between $2.00 and $5.00 - binder, insides, and all. I will stop by Goodwill every week or so and see if they got anymore of them in.

Then, just when I didn't need another project, the yarn came. Yea, I know. Do I really need more yarn? Of course I do, especially when you find a book like this one. It is M'Lou Baber's Double Knitting, and the designs in it are awesome.

When I saw this coat I knew I had to make it. See what I mean? And if I do it correctly, it should be reversible. That is what the yarn is for. It is Nature Spun, sport weight on cones, available from Paradise Fibers www.paradisefibers.com.
I expect it to take a long time. It's like knitting two coats at the same time, but when I'm done, it will be worth it, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment