Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Quick Catch Up

I have to take a short diversion from double knitting because I have photos to share. You see, it is deer season here in our neighborhood. Last summer they arrived and ate all of the Hostas - right down to the ground. This year, they seem to have a fondness for geraniums.

We have two large flower pots at the end of our driveway, right along the street edge, and I planted them both with red geraniums this spring. The photo on the top left is a picture of how both of them looked yesterday. Now I have one with flowers and a one without. If you look closely to the photo on the right you will see small green stems sticking up in the air. There were flowers on those stems two days ago. Arg! Most displeased - they looked so nice.

Tuesday night was the monthly meeting of the Evergreen Quilt Guild and I wanted to share the gift they gave to me for surviving a two-year term as president. First of all, the more than 140 members did this all in secret. I was totally unaware that this was afoot. Each member made two 9-patch 6" squares using purples and whites. One of the members made this gorgeous box in which to present the squares.


When I opened the box, this is what I found. There are enough squares to make a King sized quilt and I have figured out how I want to configure it. The plan is to sew 4 of the 6" squares together to make 12" squares. I am also looking for a pretty complimentary border print for sashing and borders. Much fun. Can't wait to get started.

Have a great day and see you all tonight for the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment