Friday, September 19, 2014

Blocking Lace with Wires

Yesterday I wrote about the blocking wires that I made out of 1/16" stainless steel welding wires and Plasti Dip.


I blocked the shawl this morning, and this is what it now looks like.

First I washed the piece and ran it through about a minute of the spin cycle on the washing machine. Then I began to insert the wires.


This is the unblocked damp version of the shawl. I then ran wires along the top, down the middle, and down the sides.


Below is a close up of the point where the side and center wires cross.


Notice that I am pinning into floor tiles that were intended for a child's playroom. I bought them at a garage sale many years ago. You can get them new at Sam's Club and Knit Picks, but they will be more expensive than these were.


No comments:

Post a Comment