Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Times They Are a'Changing

It is 45 degrees here in Green Bay today, and there is a definite hint of winter. I guess that means if Fall, although no one who lives here is ready for it. You see, we didn't really get summer. Oh, there were a few humid, hot days, but that general summer, hot, sunny, lazy, feeling never really set in for any length of time. I was out at a vegetable farm last week and they were calling it The Year of the Green Tomato. It just wasn't hot long enough to ripen the tomatoes at the normal "ready to pick" time of year.

I've been knitting and quilting up a storm over the summer. I've made 4 baby blankets for the guild to present to the church where we meet, (they give a baby blanket to the parents of babies who are baptized, quilted a quilt for the Comfort Quilts project at quilt guild, and put together a king-sized quilt out of the blocks the guild gave me when my Presidential term was  complete.

I taught a quilting 101 class at guild on Tuesday on Foundation piecing. It was fun and the students seemed to enjoy it. After class I dropped my sewing machine off at the repair place for an 'oil and a lube'. Then I came home and decided I couldn't Not Quilt for 2 and a half weeks , so I
got out my antique Singer Featherweight. Luckily the manual came with it so I could read about each new item. I am using it to sew on the borders. It is a joy to use.

Tonight is Bay Lakes Knitting Guild so I guess I better get my knitting act together. More at you later.
                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment