Friday, December 26, 2014

T'was the Day After Christmas . . .

...and all through the town, not a creature was working or clowning around.
For the sales had all started at each crafty store, and the deals were just super,
The buys were no chore.


OK, that's about as far as I can take it. I knew JoAnn Fabrics and Hancock were having sales starting the 26th, so this morning I went shopping. We had been at my daughters in Milwaukee for Christmas morning and I noticed that she had a store-bought Christmas tree skirt. Well, that just won't do, said I, because I knew all the holiday fabric would be on sale right after Christmas. Next year she will have a new tree skirt.


All the yarn was 25% off, and I just couldn't help myself. I got enough for a couple pairs of socks, three skeins of yarn for hats for Green Bay school children, and enough Fisherman's Wool (Lion Brand) to knit a cabled sweater.

It was a little bit of heaven. Can't hang around here much this morning, I've got stuff to do - projects to finish, etc., so I can start these new projects. You understand, ...

1 comment:

  1. I went to Goodwill for wrapping paper to use to make the pattern and lucked into some drapery fabric that will make good binding, then to Hancock for upholstery fabric (in the perfect stripe) to make a play tepee for some little girl who had a lot of fun climbing into boxes yesterday. Why, yes, I am knitting and sewing up UFOs so I can start it, funny you should mention it.

    ReplyDelete